- Your Deliverer Heals Loneliness (John 5:1-9) The lame man had been paralyzed 38 years. He lay by the pool of Bethsaida because many believed the waters had healing power. When Jesus encountered the invalid, He asked him, “Do you want to be healed?” The man’s answer revealed much more than his physical condition. “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me” (John 5:7, ESV).Although surrounded by people, the man was alone. He had no one to help him, no one to care for him. Yes, Jesus healed the man’s body. But Jesus did much more for him as well. Jesus shattered his loneliness.– John 5:8
- Your Deliverer Removes Sickness and Obstacles (Luke 4:38-41) Once, when Jesus visited Peter’s home, Peter’s mother-in-law was sick with a high fever. The Scripture tells us that Jesus “rebuked the fever, and it left her, and immediately she rose and began to serve them.” I don’t know about you, but whenever I’ve been sick with a fever, I feel pretty wrung out even after the fever is gone. Jesus’ healing was so complete, so thorough, that the woman was immediately able to cook and serve .Jesus sees you and He knows your needs. He is able to heal illness and remove obstacles, thoroughly and completely. — Luke 4:40
- Your Deliverer Overpowers Demons (Luke 4:33-36) Even demons recognize the power of Jesus. Once in the synagogue when Jesus encountered a demon-possessed man, the demon asked, “Have you come to destroy us?” The demon knew Jesus had full authority to not simply cast it out, but also to destroy it. He still has power over demons today, and He still delivers you from their grasp. — Luke 4:35
- Your Deliverer Neutralizes Nature’s Threats (Mark 4:35-41) Sin has broken everything, including nature and the weather, making our world a dangerous place at times. One night, the disciples experienced this on the Sea of Galilee. The wind grew so strong that waves broke into the boat, threatening their very lives. Jesus is able to calm every storm you encounter. — Mark 4:39
- Your Deliverer Breaks Chains (Acts 16:25-34)
Jesus literally broke Paul and Silas out of prison in Philippi. You don’t have to be locked in physical bonds to be suffering in bondage. Many different kinds of “chains” fill this life – emotional, mental, and spiritual. But no bond is so strong that Jesus cannot break it for you.– Acts 16:31
- Your Deliverer Overcomes Trials and Temptation (2 Peter 2:4-10) visited a certain tree in the Garden of Eden. Evil and the people who perpetrate it constantly threaten God’s people. But Jesus “knows how to rescue the godly from trials” (2 Peter 2:9).
- Your Deliverer Strengthens in Persecutions (2 Timothy 3:10-13) Persecution pushed Paul and Barnabas out of Antioch toward Iconium. The Gospel message generates extreme responses. Some receive it with joy and others lash out with frank rejection, hate, and even physical persecution. You may face ridicule, rejection, or even cruelty because of your faith. Turn to Jesus, He will give you the strength you need not only to endure, but also to glorify Him in the midst of it. In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted — 2 Timothy 3:12
- Your Deliverer Frees from Bondage to Sin (Galatians 5:1) Sin was our master. We were sin’s slave. We had no power to break its hold on us. But then Jesus died and everything changed. Our sin debt was paid. Jesus’ life redeemed us from slavery to sin. And when Jesus rose from the grave, sin and death lost their power forever. Everyone who has a saving relationship with Jesus has been set free from the power of sin. Praise God! Sin is no longer your master. — Galatians 5:1
- Your Deliverer Saves from Physical Danger (2 Corinthians 1:8-11) While traveling in Asia, the apostle Paul faced circumstances so dangerous and severe, he believed there was no way of escape. He “despaired of life itself” (2 Corinthians 1:8, ESV). Yet, when Paul felt hopeless, Jesus delivered him. Jesus is able to reach into your most oppressive circumstances and rescue you, even from the very jaws of death. . — 2 Corinthians 1:10
- Your Deliverer Erases Fear of Death (Hebrews 2:14-15) Deliverers often must enter into danger to rescue those in trouble. Jesus, your ultimate Deliverer, left the glory of heaven and entered this broken world to save those who were perishing. He gave His life to save yours. Jesus is able to deliver you from all these things and more. However, let us also remember that God in His infinite wisdom and for His great purposes may choose to leave some things in our lives. For instance, He uses trials and difficulties to refine and purify our faith. Yet Jesus will always deliver us. Sometimes, He delivers us from circumstances never allowing them to enter our lives. Sometimes Jesus delivers us out of a circumstance, rescuing us out of it in this life. And other times, Jesus rescues us through and thoroughly bringing us to His side in glory.– Hebrews 2:14-15. Whether Jesus delivers from, out of, or through, He always delivers. Glory, hallelujah, our Deliverer is mighty to save!